Autumn has always, by far, been my favorite season. I love everything about it! I love the crisper air, the brighter stars, the smells, the colors, the fall foliage, Halloween, Thanksgiving, football, apple picking, cozy blankets and PUMPKINS! Some may say I have a bit of an obssesion with them. They just make me happy. What can I say? I love them in all shapes, sizes and colors and in all their natural and decorative forms. If I didn’t have will power I am sure my house would be full of pumpkins in all their artisan forms. Need I even mention pumpkin pie, bread, muffins and ice cream? Yum, yum, yum and YUM! But I’m not talking about feeding your belly here, I’m talking about feeding your skin.
Pumpkins are jam-packed with natural benefits for your body and rich in healthy skin boosting nutrients. Among the super stars are:
- CAROTENES, Alpha & Beta - The bright orange color of pumpkins come from the beta carotenes which are important antioxidants. The beta carotenes convert into Vitamin A in the body that ensures proper immune functions and performs many important functions in overall health.
- Vitamin C & E - powerful antioxidants and an essential part of healthy skin care, vitamin C and E benefit tired, stressed skin. They both have impressive anti-aging qualities.
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - increases moisture retention capacity of the skin, stimulates skin regeneration, balances hormones levels and manages stress. (Also helps with acne).
- Lutein - an antioxidant that acts as a light filter, protecting against the sun’s harmful rays and protects from oxidative stress.
- Zinc - aids in cell regeneration, promotes healing and provides protection from UV rays.
Mother Nature always takes care of us. That’s why it is no coincidence that pumpkins, with their many hydrating and regenerative qualities, are in harvest and abundant right now. Our skin tends to get dry this time of year as we adjust to the cooler, dry air and our skin begins to secrete lower quantities of natural oils. The summer months may have also left our skin dehydrated by the heat and damaged by the sun’s rays. That is why fall The Best time to get a facial!
Pumpkin treatments pop up on spa menus everywhere this time of year due the exceptional benefits on the skin. At O Day Spa we are featuring our PUMPKIN SPICE Facial & PUMPKIN PIE Body Wrap. With use of the pumpkin products from the Ilike Organic Skin Care line, our treatments effectively treat dry, aging, loose, lack of circulation skin. The power of the pumpkin hydrates, softens, elasticizes and promotes cellular turnover creating a healthy glow throughout the season! So don’t be afraid to eat that extra piece of pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving and do your skin a favor, schedule a Pumpkin Spice Facial today!
O Day Spa